Tuesday, May 31, 2011

er..is it just me or....

My company end its fiscal year on May, meaning this is the time of the year when all the departments would be busy reviewing their goals, and trying to figure out what needs to be done in the coming fiscal year. Well this is very important exercise because it sets our future goal, and if it not done correctly, it could affect the bottom line... pay rise for next year.Anyway.. the point is, people are dead serious about this...

So about 2 month ago, so i was stuck in a meeting on a lazy afternoon... counting stars around my head while few of my colleague were debating about some boring statistic...

 Col 1: " like i said, we shouldn't set the cycle time goal base on the data, those data are not accurate enough and it doesn't make any sense if you look at it thoroughly"

Col 2: " well tell that to Boss, he is convinced that the data is "close" enough, which i think he is not entirely wrong"

Col 1: " how can it be accurate when we have double or even triple entries on the same data?"

Me : " Er.. Guys...not sure if this is a good time to bring this up... is it just me not knowing it or you guys already knew this... I saw a mail from corporate communication, about TI is buying National for $25 / share."

Col 1: ".....what? are your sure? if this is an april fool prank it is way over due!"

Col 2: " Oh my god!, it is true.. Don (the CEO) is having an communication in 20 minutes time to talk about this"

Me: " should we continue to discuss about goal? or it doesn't matter anymore"

Col 1& Col 2 : " are you kidding?"

It's by far the my most effective way to end an argument throughout my 5 years career.

No comments: